- About Dixons Brooklands Academy
- Mission, values and drivers
- Improvement planning
- Research School
- The Lord Kalms Bursary
- Performance tables
- Document library
- GDPR & Privacy
- Dixons Academies Trust
- Family Support
- My Child at School
- Our staff
- Peloton Awards
- Free School Meals
- PA Connect
Free School Meals
Did you know by registering your child for Free School Meals the academy receives extra money from the Government to support your child’s needs?
The Government gives extra money to schools and academies to help children in receipt of free school meals achieve their potential. This funding is called Pupil Premium. Dixon's Brooklands Academy receives £955 each year for each student in receipt of free school meals. The money will be used to ensure your child makes progress.
If you live in Manchester and receive any of the following benefits you can claim free school meals for your school-aged child.
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guaranteed part of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit that you applied for on, or after, 1 April 2018. As long as your income is less that £7,400 a year after tax, not including any benefits.
To find out if you are eligible please visit Manchester's website.
If you live in another borough, such as Trafford, you will need to apply to your local authority website:
Once you have your eligible confirmed you will receive a code, please provide this to the academy so we can update our records.
Registration is completely confidential and it will not affect any other benefits.
If you would like any further information or support, please contact the academy on 0161 998 3992 or email@example.com